Say hello to my new favorite pumpkin cookie!
These cookies are hands down, the best pumpkin cookies I’ve tried. They taste like a delicious piece of pumpkin pie, but in a cookie! Soft, chewy, pumpkiny goodness.
Many pumpkin cookies have a cake-like consistency, but these cookies do not. The soft & chewy consistency in these cookies is due to the melted butter, and the lack of eggs. The pumpkin in these cookies replace the eggs making them moist & fluffy.
I used a combo of white & milk chocolate chips in these cookies, but you can use whichever chocolate chips you like!
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients + Directions:
(yield: approx. 18-22 cookies)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons pure pumpkin
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
pinch of allspice
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
(Or use 1/2 cup of your preferred kind of chocolate chips)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar & granulated sugar together until no lumps remain. Add the vanilla extract, and pumpkin & whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice together. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients & mix ingredients together using a spoon/spatula. Fold in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. Cover, & refrigerate the dough for at least 40 mins. (I chilled my dough overnight). Don’t skip this step – You must chill the dough! 🙂
3. After refrigerating – preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line or spray 2 large baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the dough into balls approx. 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoon In size. If you want your cookies to be flatter, flatten the balls lightly using the back of a spoon/damp bottom of a cup. (I like my cookies to be a bit thicker, so I didn’t flatten them.) Bake the cookies for only 9-10 minutes. (They will look very underbaked – don’t worry. Once they cool, they will become chewy & perfect!)
4. Leave the cookies on the baking sheets & allow to cool for at least 15 minutes after taking them out of the oven. These cookies need to set after baking, and harden up a bit – so the longer they sit & cool on the baking sheets, the chewier they’ll be!
– Store cookies at room temperature for up to a week.
– Recipe slightly adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.