I’m usually not a big fan of peanut butter cookies, but these cookies are definitely an exception.
Instead of being hard & crumbly like traditional peanut butter cookies – these cookies are thick, chewy, fluffy & so perfectly peanut-buttery that you won’t want go back to your old recipe. This recipe is also super easy & quick!
If you’re a peanut butter lover, give these bad boys a try!
I used Halloween-coloured Smarties because I just couldn’t resist when I saw all the Halloween candies that are now in stores! (Did I mention, I LOVE Fall? 😉 ) Use whichever chocolates you like (regular smarties, mini M&M’s).
Peanut Butter Smartie Cookies Ingredients + Directions:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I used organic peanut butter)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups Smarties
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter & sugars together on medium speed until light & fluffy. Slowly mix in the peanut butter, the egg, than the vanilla. Slowly mix in the baking soda, flour & salt until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the Smarties. Cover, and chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten out the cookies a bit using the back of a spoon/cup since they won’t spread very much while baking. Bake cookies for only 9-10 minutes. They will look slightly uncooked, but will firm up once they cool. Leave cookies on cookie sheets to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.