To get into the Halloween spirit, we made these adorable Candy Corn Cupcakes!
These are definitely my favorite cupcakes that we’ve made in awhile. They are perfect for any Halloween get-togethers, and kids will adore them.
Not only are they cute and perfectly Halloweenish, they are also easy to make! Don’t let the yellow/orange ombre fool ya – these cupcakes are super simple and use white cake mix for the batter. They are nice & fluffy, and have a faint taste of almond, so nummy!
We used a 1M Wilton star tip for the icing, and bought the cute little ghost toppers from Michaels.
Fresh out of the oven.
What the inside looks like.
Candy Corn Cupcakes Ingredients + Recipe:
(yield: 15-20 cupcakes)
- 1 bag white cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- yellow & orange food colouring (approx. 2 teaspoons of each colour)
- pre-made icing, or any icing of your choice (we used Duncan Heinz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners. In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the beater attachment, beat all the ingredients together (except for food colouring, and icing) for 1 minute on low speed. Scrape down the sides of bowl, and continue mixing on medium speed for another minute or so.
- Divide the batter into 2 medium bowls. There will be approx. 2 1/4 cups of batter in each bowl. Stir in approx. 2 teaspoons of food colouring in each bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop about 1 tablespoon worth of the yellow batter into each cup. It should be about 1/2 full. Hold the sides of the cupcake pan, and drop the pan onto the counter a few times to level out the batter a bit. Repeat with the orange batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Allow to cool completely, ice and enjoy!
Xo Natasha & Laura